Wednesday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 7/12/11 8:21 pm - Philadelphia, PA
Good Morning PA:

Feels a bit cooler this morning.  So far this summer has not been too bad heat wise.  We are still without A/C.  No heat or A/C is hooked up at the house yet.  With all the windows open in the house and the ceiling fan in the bedroom, sleeping has been quite comfortable. 

Still have not been able to get to bed early to get enough sleep to function for the day.  When I got home last night Gene wanted to go to Lowes to pick up the cabinetry to finish off the basement/summer kitchen we have in the house.  So we were out till 10 pm at which point I sat on the couch and went right to sleep.  Tonight Gene is teaching so I'll be coming home to an empty house, just maybe that nap I've been seeking is in order tonight when I get home from work.

The stone that is going onto the house is very nice.  I have pictures but have not had time to down load them to facebook  yet, maybe tonight or tomorrow night that will happen.

Off to work till 4...Hope everyone has a great day....

Ida

IdaMae

Liz R.
on 7/12/11 8:49 pm - Easton, PA
Good Morning All!

IDa - I hope you get that nap!

I am at work again today, 2 more work days until vacation! You'd think that I am leaving for a year with the tizzy that my bosses are in - oy! So here until 4, no errands at lunch today and I have a nice healthy lunch packed and some great snacks. After work headed home to hang with Mia until bed time. Hoping to turn in early myself tonight, I know tomorrow is going to be hell on wheels!
Lisa H.
on 7/12/11 9:41 pm - Whitehall, PA
Morning all... 

Woke up on time (early) this morning.  Took care of Skecher's needs and then went to give Dexter some love.  Found more poop in the tub, so I took the advice of something I read and put it into the litter box and put him in it and helped him to bury it.  Hopefully that will work to get him going in the right spot.  I've also been cleaning the tub out after each time to try to get rid of the smell so he doesn't think it's ok.   I did find that he enjoyed the wet food that Skecher didn't want, so that's a plus.  He's probably just grateful to get any kind of yumminess to himself... poor thing.  He's definitely much more lovey towards me.  There's nothing like trying to go to the bathroom and having a kitty rubbing on your legs and trying to climb up.. what a freakin' cutie.  Can't wait to get him a clean bill of health from the vet so I can get him out of that small space.  

Anyway.. working til 3:30.  I think I will hang at the pool for a little bit after work and then at 6:00 I am finally getting the 1 hour therapeutic massage that I paid 1/2 price for months ago.  It is going to be wonderfully relaxing.  After that I am going to hang out with some friends for awhile and then home to bed.  

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! 

My tracker

hers 

bvohl
on 7/12/11 10:08 pm
Good Morning Ida and PA!

Get some rest would you, Ida!! You need to take care of yourself!

Today is going to be a quiet day...no real plans. Doing some cleaning and daily stuff, maybe some laundry. Looking forward to getting our new kitty!! The lady is supposed to call me sometime today!! Everything is set up and ready! I kittyproofed as well as I could think of, got some toys and even a little bed!

That is it for me! Pretty boring, eh??

Have a great day!!
Love to all, Beth
http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

dit657
on 7/12/11 10:22 pm - Boothwyn, PA
Morning all - Another hot one out there but hopefully today is the last of the latest heatwave. I am honestly NOT complaining about it - it's freezing in our offices and once the sun goes down a little at home it's  not too bad. I watered all my flowers last night then walked the dog and didn't break a sweat. Is that good or bad?

Had a hard time convincing myself to get up and moving this morning but I did - then I had a harder time convincing my hubby AND the dog to get up and moving!! Nobody wanted to get up this morning, but we finally got ourselves together and out the door. Dropped the dog off at daycare - hubby off at work - and I'm at work now. I know - can you stand the excitement?

Very quiet in here today so I have a lot of personal things I'd like to work on. Took photos of some bowls my mom had - want to look them up on line to see if they have any value. Need to move some savings money around because with this pending budget debacle going on in DC I don't need MORE of my 401 tanking - need to start making lists of things that would have to be changed when we finally do make the move south. Just 'stuff'.

Nothing on the agenda tonight - dinner, relax a bit, walk the dog - maybe pack some of the items up for the yard sale our neighborhood is having in October. We'll see how ambitious I am!

Kathy

'One shoe can change your life'...Cinderella
Laureen S.
on 7/13/11 12:27 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Good Morning Ida, PA,

Yes, it will be cooler and less humid today and for the next few days through the weekend, we are supposed to have temps in the 80s with low humidity, it will a welcome relief, though even with the high temps and humidity, it has not been too horrible because there has been a breeze. . .  hope you have a good day and get more restful sleep tonight. . .

So I went to spend time with my daughter last night, it was a nice ride up and beautiful country where the property her company owns is located, then we drove down to a place I knew she would enjoy eating, it is called Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza and they make a very thin crust pizza that is, as the name would suggest, made in a coal fired oven, so it comes out a little well done, but OMG, it is so yummy and there was a place where we lived that Marlene would always want the pizza from and this is very reminisent of that pizza, sure enough she loved it and took half a pie back with her, as I had one quarter and she had the other quarter.  If you like pizza and have an opportunity to ever try Anthony's, though they only in a few places on the East Coast so far, you must try it. . .  anyway, went to bed and slept poorly, woke up at 4:30 this morning and even though it was an off day from the gym, I felt guilty over the extra carbs from yesterday (the pizza) and went to the gym where I did the elliptical for 50 minutes and am determined not to eat anything that is not good for me today. . .  well today I will head home after work and probably be asleep by 9:30 from not having had a good night's sleep last night. . .  all good. ..

You all have a good day and prayers and good thoughts to those experiencing life challenges, may you be able to find peace and the strength necessary to get through any and all challenges.

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

dit657
on 7/13/11 12:59 am - Boothwyn, PA
I LOVE ANTHONLY'S COAL FIRED PIZZA!!! There is one about 5 minutes from my house - NOT GOOD - LOL!! I love the thin, crispy crust - love their cheesesteak pizza - oh yum!! The one by me is in north Wilmington right on Route 202 in the Brandywine Towne Center. We go there quite often with our neighbors - they're big fans. I also LOVE their wings!! I can't eat buffalo wings anymore because of the excessive butter they use in buffalo sauce but Anthony's are well done with carmelized onions - oh man, now my mouth is watering!! Thanks Laureen!!

Laureen S.
on 7/13/11 1:48 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Kathy,

That's the one I went to with my daughter, as my b/f one day was telling me how he had gone there while he was in Tampa for Spring Training this past year and too bad there were none close to me. . .  so I got online and there is the one in Wilmington and the funny part is I work in downtown Wilmington and sometimes on my lunch hour, I run up 202 to go shopping and have even gone into that shopping center to the Trader Joe's there and never noticed the place, but then again, I would not have given it any notice because I generally don't eat pizza anymore, so Tony and I went there about 3 or 4 weekends ago, it's a 45 minute drive from my house in SNJ and I loved it!!!  I even tried one of the wings he swore I had to taste, but while they were good, I'm not a big wings fan.  So just this week I was there 2x, once with a friend I've made in Wilmington and then with my daughter last night. . . luckily there are none too close to me though I would only go with someone who could eat most of it. . .  but, we have a pizza luncheon here in our office once every other month and I'm thinking next time we do, ordering from Anthony's. . . 

Didn't realize you lived so close to where I work. . .  I love the area and who knows where the future will find me, but Delaware is under consideration until I reach retirement age, but economy has to get to a place where I can sell my home without taking a bath in the process. . .

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

dit657
on 7/13/11 2:01 am - Boothwyn, PA
Well you were right around the corner from me! That is one very dangerous shopping center for me - have you ever gone into that area? There is a huge Target - Christmas Tree Shoppe - they just opened a Kirkland's - Bed, Bath & Beyond - Michael's - Lowe's - oh dear!! I do love that area, tho - always have. We live on the Pennsylvania side but I can walk to the top of my street and I'm in Delaware - and trust me, it's not a long walk - I could actually walk to that shopping center, too, if I cut through that big development that sits right behind it (the McMansions). So nice being that close to all that tax-free shopping, too!

That's a nice Trader's Joes in there - Panera Bread is also there. That TJ Maxx is so-so - not one of the better ones I've been in. I worked in downtown Wilmington for a while at Blue Cross behind the big Hercules building, but then moved to another office out on Foulk Road and loved it there, too.

I hear you on the house thing - we really want to sell and move south next year to be closer to my family and unfortunately I live in a 55+ community and a lot of people are selling low because they come into the houses via estates and since they don't have their own money invested in them they just want to unload them, so they're selling really low - makes it great for people buying, but really sucks for people like me to want to sell and need to get some money out of the deal.

I was never a huge wing person, but I do love Anthony's - I know they have take-out - not sure about delivery? but it is great pizza for us WLS'ers - nice and thin and crispy! And not overloaded with toppings so I really do eat that guilt-free.

Laureen S.
on 7/13/11 3:51 am - Maple Shade, NJ
Oh yeah, Kathy, I've been in most of those stores, when I need something from the Christmas Tree Shop, I usually go right after work, been to Lowes there too, PetSmart and I knew the Panera's was there, but no time to go there and have lunch, though I have had them deliver lunch here when we had a luncheon, as they will deliver if the bill is over $100 and I think Anthony's will do so as well, so long as it is over a certain amount. . .  I hear you on the TJ Maxx there, went in once and was disappointed in it. . .  Actually I was looking online at 55+ just over the Delaware border into PA, probably your community, and saw that you can buy them for as little as $125,000, which if I could sell my house for $15,000 over what I owe, I might consider it, but unfortunately right now I'd be lucky to break even with what I owe and then too, no one is really buying in my area, taxes high, school systems so so and then again, I think unless it involves owning something in Florida, when the day comes that I sell my house, I will be a renter until I retire to Florida, but my hope is that the Florida real estate stays depressed for another 3.5 years, so I can take money from my 401k and buy something low enough that I can either purchase it outright or big downpayment and rent it until I retire and move down, as my both daughters live there and said they would manage it for me and seeing as my older daughter manages apartments, it would be a good thing. . .  it's good to plan, but who knows how it will all play out. . .

Anyway, I hear you and hopefully things will get better so you can work out your plan and maybe we can go shopping and have Anthony's one day ;)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1891 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1988 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2674 views